Moray Volunteer Services Organisation (MVSO)
* Provides responsive, independent services to enable voluntary
groups to develop.
* Through local and national partnerships, MVSO actively encourage
groups to make a positive difference to Moray Communities.
Quarriers is the commissioned service from Moray Council to provide support to all unpaid carers in Moray.
Quarriers Carer Support Service Moray is the Council contracted service providing emotional and practical support to the unpaid Carers of Moray young and old through:
Adult and Young Carer Support
Formal Carers' Assessment
Advice and Information
'No Strings Attached' Confidential Telephone Helpline:
for Carers who perhaps require anonymity and are looking after those affected by drugs, alcohol or mental illness - tel: 01343 555031
Opportunities to 'Care and Share' with others in similar situations over coffee
Mobile Information Service for more rural areas
Free Carer Specific Learning Opportunities
For further information or advice, please contact us at:
Quarriers Carer Support Service (Moray)
44 High Street
Tel: 01343 556031
Confidential Helpline: 01343 555031
Elgin & District Support Group For Parkinson's Disease
* Support group for those who suffer from Parkinson's Disease,
their carers, friends and families.
* Meet first Monday of month at the Moray Resource Centre, Maisiondeu
Road, Elgin, from October to April.
* Regular mailing list - contact to join.
Tel: 01343 544689
Elgin & District Cancer Support Group
* Provides emotional and practical support to patients, relatives,
carers and friends of those involved with cancer
* Assists people in developing a positive approach to living with
* Offers home & hospital visits
* Social activities and outings.
* Assists with transport to and from hospital for treatments or
visits (subject to availability of volunteer drivers).
01343 549556 / 542052 / 812917
Moray Volunteer Stroke Service
* Help, conversation, outings and social activities for people with
aphasia (language difficulty resulting from stroke).
* Local groups are held weekly and bi-weekly in Elgin, Keith,
Buckie and Forres.
Contact: Ian McLennan
Tel: 01542 832891
* A project which offers support to Young Carers (under 18) from
offering a confidential listening ear, advice, chances to make new
friends, take part in activities, experience new things and have
* You can register as a Young Carer by contacting Moray Carers Project
and talking to one of our team.
Moray Mental Health (MMH)
* A registered charity founded by a group of people with a common
interest in mental health issues - those with personal experience,
carers, professionals and enlightened lay people.
* MMH works to improve services and conditions for the mentally
ill in Moray, aiming to have representatives on various committees
concerned with mental health issues.
Fassifern, Seafield Crescent
Elgin, IV30 1RE
CRUSE Bereavement Care Scotland (CBCS)
* CBCS welcomes enquiries from those who are bereaved or those who
are concerned about them.
* CBCS volunteers are trained to listen and help you to work through
grief. They have all undertaken a full training and are regularly
* CBCS has over 25 branches throughout Scotland, and volunteers
are regularly sought to help with the work.
The Moray Resource Centre
* Day and information service for individuals with a physical and/or
charitable organisation which aims to provide equipment or an escort
to help people with mobility difficulties or sight or hearing impairment
* Equipment available for loan includes electric scooters, electric
and manual wheelchairs
* Volunteers - Would you consider joining a happy team providing
a much needed service to people with mobility difficulties or other
Moray Carers Project (The Princess Royal Trust For Carers)
Provide up-dated information on local services.
* Support and advice.
* Training to help you in your caring role.
* Contact with other carers.
* Therapeutic and social opportunities.
* Access to information on specific illnesses.
* Support groups meet regularly in Elgin, Buckie and Forres.
Tel: 01343 540990